“Iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. – Proverbs 27:17
Wildmen started out in 2002 with 8 men who got together to attend a “40 Days of Purpose” small group. Designed to promote discipleship, fellowship, worship, ministry and outreach, Wildmen provides a safe place where men can come and be men as they grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. As you can see below, God is growing this ministry!
You may notice that we have Wildmen Outposts and Wildmen Allies.
Outposts are independent sites that typically do not meet in a church, although they might. Outposts minister to men from multiple church congregations, or to men who presently do not attend a church congregation. Allies are sites that are part of the men’s ministry of a specific church congregation. The difference is that one is independent, and the other is a ministry of the church that they meet in or represent.
Here is a tri-fold handout in PDF format that you can download and print that gives some more information about who we are and what we do.
Wildmen have Outpost and Ally locations in: (Contact info & directions here)
- Avalon, CA (On Catalina Island)
- Chattanooga, TN
- New Port Richey, FL
- Pinellas County FL
- Sarasota/Bradenton, FL
- Tampa, FL
and we even have a…
- Wildmen Ally Australia
Penrith NSW area (about 45km West of Sydney)
If you’re really curious, here’s what the lads on the other side of the world look like:
And, here’s a shot of us with our families:
From left to right: Casey, Glenn, Corey, and Tony below.
If you’d like to visit them, here are step-by-step directions, courtesy of Google Maps, starting at Wildmen Pinellas, Florida.
What We Believe
We believe in God the Holy Trinity: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
We believe that Jesus Christ, who was God in the flesh; died, arose again, and now sits at the right hand of the Father, making intercession on behalf of the believer.
We believe in the person, work, power, fruit and gifts of the Holy Spirit, who teaches and comforts the believer.
- We believe the sixty-six canonical books of the Bible as originally written, are the divinely inspired and inerrant Word of God. As such, the Bible provides the only foundation of Christian faith and practice.
- We believe that faith in the atoning sacrifice and grace of Jesus Christ is the only basis for eternal salvation, and true faith results in works of righteousness. We believe the mission of the church is to advance God’s Kingdom by extending to the world the love of God in word and in deed and to disciple the believers into spiritual maturity.
- We believe the only way possible to live the Christian life is by God’s power within us; therefore, we seek to practice a daily dependence on God’s Spirit to enable us to do what is right.
- We believe that Jesus Christ will return visibly to the earth to judge the living and the dead.